We are just two days away from OUTstanding 2015! Here are some reminders and new information to help you plan your conference experience:
- Make sure you are REGISTERED! Remember, registration is required this year, and checkin on Saturday will end at 12:30pm, when the final workshop begins. If for some reason you are unable to make it to the conference by 12:30pm, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make special arrangements for you. Checkin on Saturday will begin at 8am.
- This year, we will be utilizing the Yapp app throughout our conference. This app will serve as our paperless program and provide our schedule, workshop descriptions, and other pertinent info. Go ahead and download Yapp on your smartphone or tablet, and our event will be viewable on the app this Saturday.
- Lunch! On Saturday, our lunch break will be from 11:30-12:30. Free lunch at the KCC is guaranteed for those attendees who have already registered at the time of this post.
- This year, OUTstanding will meet in the Knoxville Convention Center, at 701 Henley Street. Here is a link to DIRECTIONS AND PARKING INFORMATION.
- After our keynote address, there will be a book signing with Janet Mock. Only attendees with a copy of Mock’s book, Redefining Realness, will be able to participate in this portion of the event. Please bring your own copy or come prepared to purchase a copy provided by Union Books, who will make a limited number of copies available
We look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!
This year’s schedule is up! For more information on workshops listed here, please reference our workshop page.
8:00-9:00 am: Registration
9:00-9:15 am: Welcome
9:30-10:20 am: Workshop Session 1
- Alexander Khaddouma & Shane Bierma “First Comes Love, Then Comes…Whatever: Skills for building and sustaining happy, romantic relationships” (301A)
- Jennifer Moralejo & Sherrie Bruner “Systemic Barriers to Equality for Same Sex Individuals and the Role of Allies in Breaking Down Barriers” (301B)
- Allison Heming “The Intersection of Identity and Privilege” (301C)
10:30-11:20 am: Workshop Session 2
- Scott Gillenwaters “Does the Bible Really Say Anything About Homosexuality?” (301A)
- Robin Lovett “Unapologetically Bisexual: Loving Yourself in a Biphobic World” (301B)
- Brittany Smith, Erin Bennett, Brittany Wright, & Alissa Reeves “Out in the Workplace: Career Panel” (301C)
11:30-12:30 pm: Lunch
(Checkin will officially close at 12:30, when the final workshop begins. No new attendees will be admitted after this point.)
12:30-1:20pm: Workshop Session 3
- Shane Bierma & Leticia Flores “On Another Planet: Comparing LGBTQ+ Services at UT with the Greater Knoxville Community” (301A)
- Jennifer Moralejo & Evan Burns “Transgender Individuals and their Families: The Experience of Ambiguous Grief” (301B)
- David Payne “LGBT Equality in the Workplace” (301C)
1:30-2:30 pm: Moderated Discussion with Janet Mock
2:30-3:30 pm: Book signing*
*Only attendees who bring or purchase a copy of Redefining Realness will be able to participate in this segment of the conference.
During this year’s conference, we will be asking Janet Mock some of your questions. Take a moment to share a couple of your questions with us, and maybe you’ll get a chance to hear Janet answer them during our keynote discussion!
We can hardly believe that OUTstanding 2015 is just over two weeks away!
Just a friendly reminder: As we are expecting a large number of attendees at this year’s OUTstanding Seminar, we are REQUIRING that you register. Wristbands will be given out at check in to all those who are on our registration list.
So if you haven’t already, REGISTER NOW!!!
Also, now is a great time to sign up for tabling or to volunteer this year. These are great ways to get yourself or your organization involved.
OUTstanding Tabling 2015
OUTstanding Volunteer Sign-up 2015
Registration for OUTstanding’s 2015 conference is open now! Register for OUTstanding: LGBTQ+ Self-Revelations here.
Workshops for this year have been confirmed and are posted here!!
We have more interest than ever this year with already more than 300 people registered with over a week to go! While this is awesome news, it is important to note that the conference is on a tight budget. Therefore, anyone registering after this date may not be guaranteed lunch. We will continue to work to accommodate everyone who attends. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to still see you at OUTstanding 2014.