Here is our seminar schedule again. This time, we have included more information on our breakout sessions. Further information on each of these sessions can be found under our “Events” tab.
8:15-9:00 am: Check-in
9:00-9:10 am: Welcome
9:10-10:00 am: Keynote Performance with Kai Davis
10:10-11:00 am: Breakout Session 1
- Epistemic Injustice and the Imperative of (LGBT+) Inclusion in Higher Education Alex Richardson & Elizabeth Williams
- How to Find a LGBT+ Friendly Employer Tatiana Leavitt
- Evaluating the Needs of the Pride Center to Encourage a Caring Campus Climate Kevin Kidder & Sondra LoRe
11:10-12:00 pm: Breakout Session 2
- State of the state re: LGBTQ+ issues and accessing culturally competent health care in a hostile political environment Leticia Y. Flores, Shane Bierma, & Maggie Farley
- Hear Me OUT: The Necessity of Safe Spaces for Communication and Dialogue Marlon Johnson, Logan Mahan, & Nancy Thacker
- Examining the Critical Intersectionality of Racism, Heterosexism, and Homophobia in Academia: A Queer-Crit Perspective of Anti-Bullyism to Promote Social Justice for Queer People of Color in Higher Education Mitsunori Misawa, Ph.D.
12:10-1:00 pm: Keynote Performance with Kit Yan
** Following the seminar, there will be a LGBT+ Career Networking Mixer. This will be held from 1:30-3:30 at UT’s Howard Baker Center. Join us for heavy appetizers, fun giveaways, and the opportunity to network with several local and national companies.