8:15-9:00 am: Check-in
9:00-9:10 am: Welcome
9:10-10:00 am: Keynote Performance with Kai Davis
10:10-11:00 am: Breakout Session 1
- Epistemic Injustice and the Imperative of (LGBT+) Inclusion in Higher Education Alex Richardson & Elizabeth Williams
- How to Find a LGBT+ Friendly Employer Tatiana Leavitt
- Evaluating the Needs of the Pride Center to Encourage a Caring Campus Climate Kevin Kidder & Sondra LoRe
11:10-12:00 pm: Breakout Session 2
- State of the state re: LGBTQ+ issues and accessing culturally competent health care in a hostile political environment Leticia Y. Flores, Shane Bierma, & Maggie Farley
- Hear Me OUT: The Necessity of Safe Spaces for Communication and Dialogue Marlon Johnson, Logan Mahan, & Nancy Thacker
- Examining the Critical Intersectionality of Racism, Heterosexism, and Homophobia in Academia: A Queer-Crit Perspective of Anti-Bullyism to Promote Social Justice for Queer People of Color in Higher Education Mitsunori Misawa, Ph.D.
12:10-1:00 pm: Keynote Performance with Kit Yan
*Following the seminar, there will be a LGBT+ Career Networking Mixer. This will be held from 1:30-3:30 at UT’s Howard Baker Center. Join us for heavy appetizers, fun giveaways, and the opportunity to network with several local and national companies.
**More detailed info on breakout sessions can be found under “Workshops 2016,” under our “Events” tab.